Warung Haji Adam @ Alor Gajah

Assalamualaikum :)
Today I will bring you to Warung Haji Adam. This small warung is very fame and highly recommended by my father's friends. It is strategically located opposite to Alor Gajah Hospital. When I first arrived there I wonder what made the warung famous. It was like a typical warung in Malaysia and the place was small. Later I discovered that the warung was special because of their asam pedas. There were various kind of asam pedas served here such as tetel, ikan kembung, pari and tenggiri. I came here with my family so all of us ordered different kinds of asam pedas meals. Other than asam pedas, people normally order gearbox soup. There were also many other common food choices.


This was the menu. 
You can see there are many types of asam pedas.  


One full set meal of asam pedas (RM7).
It was super delicious!! 
The meat was very tender and the taste was just right.
 Neither too salty or too spicy. 


Burnt tofu (RM2)


I really miss these Longchan drinks!


The table setting. 


This was how the warung looked like.


The owner (sorry, I did not take his picture) showed
 us the kitchen which was super clean. 

During my visit there, my family and I were shocked when the owner said that the warung will closed at 9.00pm which considered too early compared to other typical Malaysian warungs. He explained that the opening hours for the warung varied and depended on the food stocks availability. If stocks ran out, the warung will be closed immediately. I quickly found out that their food stocks were not limited. Just imagine, the meat only was 10kg for one day! That was a lot to be handled for a warung with 2 workers.


Highly recommended! You not necessarily need to go to the hectic Malacca Town
to try for asam pedas. Instead, try here.


Opposite Alor Gajah Hospital
Melaka, Malaysia.


View Larger Map

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Canyon Restaurant @ Dataran Pahlawan

Mawilla Yacht Club Restaurant @ Jalan Tanjung Batu, Labuan

Row-Six Restaurant @ Aeon Bandaraya